Thursday, September 21, 2006

What People Want....

"All people want is someone to listen." - Hugh Elliot

The truth is...well, exactly what the quote states... people do want someone to listen...not only to them, but to everyone. They want someone who will be there always and never falter. Someone who's not afraid of what the other is going to say to them.

But all they really want is someone who doesn't interrupt them when they're trying to get something off their chest. I know I get aggrivated when my friends interrupt me not only when I just mean to pause for a second but even when I haven't even STOPPED talking.

What I mean to point out is that, if you're stuck and don't feel apart of something or apart of a group just listen to someone who stops you just to talk to you. Then, maybe, if you put some effort into listening to them, they will listen to you. It all works, but it only works with two or more people willing to listen to eachother.

Some people have difficulties just sitting and listening because they have something that seems way more important to them than to just sit and listen to someone's "lame" story. But as Hugh Elliot states, one way or another, each person thrives for someone to just...LISTEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home