Monday, October 30, 2006

Relationships-What is the essence of?

Technorati Profile

Relationships!?! What a very broad topic!

Well, they all start with your parents...unfortunately. I shouldn't really say that because most people's relatioships with their parents are very strong...like mine with my mother. Trust is a key ingredient in relationships...a lot of people don't realize that in order to receive trust from, basically, anyone they need to trust not only themselves, but everyone else as well. I mean, you can't exactly expect your parents to let you, say, hang out with your friends around town if they haven't met them [your friends] yet. I know my mom doesn't let me do anything with anyone I know unless she meets them first. I could be asked out on a date or invited to the movies with a bunch of my friends and the first question she'd ask is "Do I know him/them?"

Then, it goes on to relationships with friends...well, I can't say much because most of you already know how friendships should be, in your own opinions. There needs to be trust, faith, and love. Yes, love! But you can't exactly love anyone unless you love yourself first, can you? Anyway, most people wouldn't want their friends to stab them in the back every now and then. I know I certainly wouldn't! If any of my friends were to do that they wouldn't be my friends any longer. I could, or we all could, give that friend another chance, but what is the chance of them NOT doing that [backstabbing] again?

Another kind of relationship, which is common, boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. Now, this is where it gets tough. Most boyfriends/ girlfriends give me the impression that their relationship is just peachy-key...but in reality, is it? Yes, some could be all that and more, but others are different... Again, it all comes back to trust...Yep!...TRUST! Would you trust someone that constantly beats on you?? OR...Would you trust someone that cheats even if you know or not?? It's not fair to the other person if one is doing that....any of it.

Maybe some of this doesn't make sense...but I'm sure if all of you just sit down and think about ALL the relationships you have and ask yourself... "Do I trust...?"... you just might understand in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home